Little Children: Christ intercedes on our behalf
Christ intercedes on our behalf
1.Seek Christ – John 13:33
2. Love One another – John 34
3. You’re a child until Christ is formed in you – Galations 4:17
4. We have an advocate
4a. We have an advocate (pleads for) Jesus Christ the righteous – 1 John 2:1
4b. Christ maketh intercession (or intercedes on your behalf) – Romans 8:33-34
4c. Christ intercedes and has an everlasting priesthood – Hebrews 7:18-28
4d. Nothing can separate us from the love of God and Jesus Christ.- Romans 8:35-39
We have an advocate with the Father
1 John 2:1-2
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not (may not commit sin habitually). And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation (make amends, the covering of sin by means of a sacrifice) for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
Christ maketh intercession (or intercedes on your behalf)
33 Who shall lay any thing (bring changes) to the charge (to call in as a debt; to demand as one’s due, to bring a charge or accusation against ) of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession (to intercede on behalf of) for us.
Christ intercedes and has an everlasting priesthood
18 For there is verily a disannulling (displacement, setting aside) of the commandment going before (to lead forward, to precede or account of for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament (covenant).
24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to (motion towards) make intercession (to fall in with, meet and talk with, to intercede) for (above and over) them.
26 For such an high priest became (to be distinguished) us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since (after) the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated (perfected) for evermore.
Christ intercedes on our behalf
Little Children: The principles:
- 1a. Seek and ye shall find – Mathew 7:7
- 1b. Rest – Mathew 11:28
- 1c. Life – John 10:10
- 1d. Light – John 8:12
- Christ is light – John 8:12
- Opens your eyes – Acts 26:18
- Keeps you from stumbling – John 11:9-10
- Teaches you to love bretheren – 1 John 2:9
- It’ll rejoice your heart – Proverbs 15:30
2. Love one another
- 2a. Love thy neighbor – Mathew 5:44
- 2b. Love God and thy neighbor – Mark 12:29-31
- 2c. How to love your neighbor and with what heart
- 2d. Love Christ – John 8:42
- 2e. How to love Christ and the result – John 14:15
3. You’re a child until Christ is formed in you
- 3a. You’re a child until Christ is formed in you – Galatians 4:17
- 3b. You’re a child until you understand that we are not under the law – Galatians 4:1-17
- 3c. You have to know the holy scripture that as a man you’re fully equipped – 2 Timothy 3:14-17
- 3d. You’re fed with milk when you’re carnal and meat when you’re spiritual – 1 Corinthians 3:1
- 3e. When you’re trained as a child, you’ll stay fixed as a man – Proverbs 22:6
- 3f. When you’re a child, you’ll speak as a child, but as a man, you’ll put away childish things – 1 Co 13:1
4. We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous
- 4a. We have an advocate (pleads for) Jesus Christ the righteous – 1 John 2:1
- 4b. Christ maketh intercession (or intercedes on your behalf) – Romans 8:33-34
- 4c. Christ intercedes and has an everlasting priesthood – Hebrews 7:18-28
- 4d. Nothing can separate us from the love of God and Jesus Christ.- Romans 8:35-39