10.5 Financial anxiety – biblical affirmations – seek ye first the kingdom of God
Financial anxiety – biblical affirmations – Seek ye first the kingdom of God – Matthew 6:24-33
- I believe fear does not come from God (affirmations 1-4)
- I believe I have inherent, inseparable power (affirmations 1-4)
- I believe God’s love is in me (affirmations 1-4)
- I believe God gave me a sound, whole, perfect mind (affirmations 1-4)
- I believe God is love (affirmations 5-6)
- I believe perfect love casts out fear (affirmations 5-6)
- I believe to remove anxiety I am to pray to God, prayers of personal need with thanksgiving in the name of Jesus Christ (affirmations 7-8)
- I believe God’s peace will guard or fortify my heart (affirmations 7-8)
- I believe in the Kingdom of God (affirmations 9-10)
- I believe both riches and honor come from God (affirmations 9-10)
- I believe if I seek the kingdom of God, these things shall be added unto me
Biblical Affirmation 11 – Seek ye first the kingdom of God – Matthew 6:24-33
24 No man (one) can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (riches).
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought I(be not careful, full of care or overly anxious) for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Biblical affirmations 1-4 (link)
1. I believe fear does not come from God (affirmations 1-4)
2. I believe I have inherent, inseparable power (affirmations 1-4)
3. I believe God’s love is in me (affirmations 1-4)
4. I believe God gave me a sound, whole, perfect mind (affirmations 1-4)
1 Timothy 2:7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear (cowardice); but of power (inherent power: power existing in something else, so as to be inseparable from it), and of love (love irrespective of rights), and of a sound mind (making sober minded, entire, unbroken, whole, perfect).
Biblical affirmations 5-6 (link)
5. I believe God is love (affirmations 5-6)
6. I believe perfect love casts out fear (affirmations 5-6)
1 John 4:16-18
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
Biblical Affirmations 7-8 (link)
7. I believe to remove anxiety I am to pray to God, prayers of personal need with thanksgiving in the name of Jesus Christ (affirmations 7-8)
8. I believe God’s peace will guard or fortify my heart (affirmations 7-8)
4 Rejoice (be delighted, pleased) in (resting within) the Lord (Christ) always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation (forbearance and consideration) be known (experientially known) unto all men. The Lord (Christ) is at hand.
6 Be careful (anxious)l for nothing (not one thing); but in every thing (all things) by prayer (prayers to God) and supplication (specific prayers of need) with thanksgiving let your requests (specific requests) be made known (declare) unto God.
7 And the peace (state of wellbeing) of God, which passeth (surpassing) all understanding (thought), shall keep (garrison or fortify) your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Biblical Affirmations 9-10
9. I believe in the Kingdom of God (affirmations 9-10)
10. I believe both riches and honor come from God (affirmations 9-10)
1 Chronicles 29:10-13
10 Wherefore David blessed the Lord before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, Lord God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.
11 Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.
12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.